Writer’s scurvy is a horrible disease that bruises the skin, rattles the bones and leaves us depressed and immobilized. Left untreated it kills off our every good idea.
So how do we away with the ‘mouldy rogue?” Fortunately, it’s easy. All that’s required is a daily dose of Vitamin Creativity.
The following is the best remedy I know for scurvy. I invite you to come up with your own. Just be sure to take regular doses, and you’ll be shipshape in no time.
CURE FOR WRITER’S SCURVY:
- Load up the page with fresh images
- Use verbs packed with vitality
- Vary sentence length, structure, and rhythm to avoid boredom
- Take two metaphors and explore at length
- Squeeze out juicy details that whet the appetite for more
- Savor the day with play, and plenty of time for imagining.