Wanting to write a book, and answering the call to write one, aren’t the same thing A great many people profess that they want to write a book, but they never seem to get around to it.
So how do you know if you are really serious about writing a book?
Here are 10 question to ask yourself:
- Do you have a writing schedule?
- Are you engaged with your ideas? Reading, researching, ruminating?
- Are you part of a writing group?
- Do you know why it’s important for you to write a book?
- Are you aware of what your book is about and who it’s for?
- Have you ever attended a writers’ conference or taken a writing class?
- Are you prepared to sacrifice time doing other things in order to write?
- Do you believe that you can write and publish a book?
- Have you shared your vision with anyone else?
- Do you believe that writing a book is part of your soul journey in life?
If you answered yes to all these questions, bravo! You’ve answered the call. If you answered no in places, then it might be time to look at how committed you are to writing a book. There are no right or wrong answers. But it’s painful to be stuck between a yes and a no because it drains our energy.
So decide: Are you ready to answer the call to write a book? Because if so, it’s time to get started!
I’d love to hear what you scored and what you decided.